About Taco John’s
Taco John’s is one of the largest Mexican restaurant brands in America. The privately-owned company employs over 100 people. Approximately 97.5% of its locations are owned by independent franchisees. The remaining restaurants are company-owned.
Taco John’s stores are located in the central and north central regions of the United States. Unlike many quick service restaurant chains, Taco John’s has focused its growth in smaller cities and rural areas.
808 West 20th Street
P.O. Box 1589
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Phone: (800) 854-0819
Fax: (307) 638-0603
Renée Middleton, Vice President of Marketing
Taco John’s International
(800) 854-0819 ext. 143
- In 1968, a small taco stand named the “Taco House” opened in Cheyenne, Wyoming. With distinctive seasonings in the tacos and generously sized burritos, it was an instant success with the locals.
- In 1969, the franchise rights were purchased by two local businessmen, Harold Holmes and James Woodson. The pair decided to name the franchise after the man who opened the first store – John.
- The first three franchised restaurants were opened in Scottsbluff, Nebraska; Torrington, Wyoming; and Rapid City, South Dakota.
- Drive-thrus and interior seating were introduced in 1973.
- Potato Olés®, crispy, round golden potato nuggets lightly seasoned with secret seasonings, were first served in 1979. Potato Olés® are Taco John’s signature menu item.
- “Taco Tuesday®”, the company’s most popular promotion, was initially offered in 1982.
- Today more than 400 Taco John’s restaurants are located in 25 states.
Taco John’s guests feel strongly that our food is the main point of difference from other Mexican fast food restaurants. We pride ourselves on serving generous portions, menu items prepared fresh to your order, high-quality ingredients and special recipes, seasonings and sauces.
All of our fresh-made Mexican specialties like burritos, tacos and quesadillas come from Taco John’s special recipes, which combine bold sauces, spices and salsas with hearty helpings of seasoned meats, crisp Potato Olés® and flavorful cheeses.
Big flavor and generous portions of food—that’s what Taco John’s menu is all about.