Taco John’s offers flexible designs for freestanding, end-cap and co-branded restaurants with convenience and travel plaza options.
Signature Restaurant Design
Freestanding Taco John’s restaurants feature our T-16 Signature design. Locations in close proximity to convenience retail and other quick service restaurants are preferred. We will consider other factors when reviewing trade areas and sites that do not meet the minimum criteria.
Signature Site Characteristics
- Population: Minimun 20,000
- Daytime Employees: Minimum 6,000
- Household Income: $45,000
- Lot Size: .6 to .9 acres
- Building Size: 1,575 to 2,700 sq. ft.
- Parking Ratio: 1 space for every 2 seats
- Drive-Thru Count: 20,000 Required
Velocity Restaurant Design
Developed in 2013, the Velocity is a drive-thru focused prototype with dual drive-thru order stations and only 8-10 counter seats. With a standard sized kitchen, the Velocity has the same volume potential as our larger prototype. The Velocity, with its reduced site and building footprint, may lower development cost and provide an alternative to fit on smaller properties in densely populated high traffic trade areas.
Co-Development Design - Convenience Stores - Travel Plazas
Taco John’s is ideally suited to convenience stores and travel plazas with flexible layouts that can be adapted for a footprint as small as 1,200 square feet. Flexible layouts can be adapted for a footprint as small as 1200 square feet with shared restrooms. With Taco John’s, you can offer customers an alternative to the standard sandwich, burger, and chicken fare. We have a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu, plus we have products designed for snacking occasions.
Co-Development Site Characteristics
- Monthly Fuel Sales: Minimum 100,000 gallons
- Monthly Inside Sales: Minimum $30,000
- Building Size: Minimum 1,200 sq. ft.
- Signage: Panel on front pole sign; DOT sign access for highway locations
- Shared seating: Can be accommodated
- Drive-thru Access: Required
In certain new markets, we may require a multi-unit commitment. The franchise offer is not available to residents of Hawaii, Maryland or Rhode Island. Franchise offering is by prospectus only